The precise flow control performance of the AB-QM with a Danfoss actuator provides increased comfort and superior Total Cost of Ownership because of savings made on:
- Efficient energy transfer and minimal pumping costs since there are no overflows at partial loads because of the exact pressure independent flow limitation.
- Smaller pump investments and lower energy consumption as the pump head needed is lower than in the trad itional setup. With the built in test plugs, it is easy to troubleshoot and find the optimal set point for the pump.
- Reduced movements of the actuator since the built-in differential pressure controller ensures the pressure fluctuations do not influence the room temperature.
- Achieving a stable temperature in a room leading to a lower average temperature at the same comfort level.
- Minimal flow complaints, as the valve performs as designed.
- Minimal blockage complains, as the membrane design makes AB-QM less susceptible to blockage than a cartridge type constriction.
- Trouble-free segmentation of the building project. When sections of a project are finished they can normally not be handed over to the customer with a fully functional HVAC installation. However the AB-QM with a Danfoss actuator will automatically control the flow, even when other parts of the installation are still unfinished. It’s not needed to adjust the AB-QM after finalisation of the project.
- Commissioning costs are close to zero because of a convenient setting procedure without the need for flow charts, calculations or measuring equipment. The ABQM valves can be set to a precise design value even when the system is up and running.
- Halved mounting costs as the AB-QM valve covers two functions, Balancing & Control